What is the most popular accounting program? Probably QuickBooks although there are many to choose from. Depending on the version you need, you can easily spend well over $1,000.00…… or (depending on your needs) you could get by for free. Invoicing and accounting for free.
Good FREE accounting software is hard to find. Here is a collection of accounting software that could fit your needs.
Click on each banner to learn more…
The year 2020 has been hard on small businesses. Many have closed and many just need a little help to see them through. There is a reputable company offering small to medium size businesses loans of $10,000 to $1,000,000. If you are in need of a loan I hope this information will help you. See 360 Funding Solutions
Wave looks interesting. I signed up for a free account and it seems this accounting program could work very well for small to medium sized business. I like that you can use it from any computer that has internet connection.
Wave makes it easy to be your own boss. Just do what you’re good at, and lean on Wave’s smart online software for help with invoicing, accounting and payroll.
Do all your accounting and bookkeeping, quickly and easily, and never pay a cent. Real double-entry accounting that actually makes sense to non-accountants.
Wave does not track inventory so it is not for everyone.
GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting software, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.
Designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible, GnuCash allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
I use QuickBooks simply because I have always used QuickBooks and I don’t want switch to another program. There would be a learning curve for the staff and we have many automated reports and services that could be a problem to change. However, if I had known then what I know now… I certainly would have done things differently.
Based on its KDE foundations, Skrooge can run on many platforms, including of course linux, BSD, Solaris, but also on Mac OS, and possibly on Windows.
- Online accounting software
- Completely free and open source
- Client portal
- Expense tracking
Akaunting is an interesting online accounting software that’s available for free. Yes, surprisingly, there’s no hidden subscription charges or additional upgrade options. It is totally free. If you are looking for a FreshBooks alternative, you should give it a try.
Ranging from invoicing to managing deposits and transfers. A whole lot of features. You can either utilize their hosting (again, it is free!) or host it yourself. It’s fit for both personal and enterprise needs.
Apache OFBiz is a suite of business applications flexible enough to be used across any industry. A common architecture allows developers to easily extend or enhance it to create custom features.
- ERP & CRM
- Powerful Java Web Framework
- Cross-platform (Linux and macOS)
Apache OFBiz is an impressive open source solution that incorporates an ERP system and a CRM suite for various types of requirements.
It’s completely free – however, you will have to host it yourself (or just hire someone to do it). In addition to all the basic features needed for accounting software, it lets a developer extend/enhance features easily while being a Java-based web framework.
Founded in 2011 iDempiere is a powerful, Tier II, open-source ERP/CRM/SCM system supported by a skilful community. The project focuses on high-quality software, a philosophy of openness and its collaborative community that includes subject matter specialists, implementors, developers and end-users.
- Simple and useful
- Cross-platform (Linux and Windows)
Originally based on ADEmpiere ERP. It is a community focused accounting software maintained by an active group of people. iDempiere aims to utilize technologies like Apache Maven to provide a business suite ERP/CRM/SCM.
There’s a ready-to-use Virtual machine available to download. In addition, you can utilize it on Windows or Linux.
“Openmiracle” is free and open sources accounting software which is a complete solution for all your business needs. It is very easy to use yet powerful and flexible based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports. And moreover the beauty lies where it can be easily used by anyone without basic knowledge of accounting..!!!
It is an attempt to make software accounting package available to the common man. It includes all the traditional accounting package features with all modern accounting techniques.
- Open Source: Source code available for free.
- Free of cost: Cost free accounting solution for lifetime.
- User Friendly: It is very user friendly and easy to use software.
- Various Plug-ins Available: It comes with various features like Miracle i and Miracle Skate.
- Freely Accessible: One can freely access it for life time.
- Meets All Requirement Of Accounting Software: It comprises of all the study features of any expensive accounting package without compramising in quality.
The LedgerSMB project aims to prevent small and mid-size businesses from getting locked-in by their accounting software vendor by providing free and open source accounting software, integrating invoicing, order processing, quotations and more (ERP). LedgerSMB aims to provide a strong (accounting) basis to build your business on.
- Sales (Invoices, Orders, Quotations)
- Receivables & Payables
- General ledger
- Inventory management
- Fixed asset accounting & depreciation
- Profit & cost centers, departments, projects
- Output documents in PDF, HTML, CSV, Office formats
- Mail documents (e.g. invoices) from within the application
- Translatable to your language (comes with 45 languages)
- and more
The fact that LedgerSMB is open source – meaning that the source code is freely available – makes it even more customizable and flexible.
Community Diven Open Source Accounting Software.
Founded and Developed by Digital Freedom Foundation under the leadership of Mr. Krishnakant Mane
Currently supported by Accion Labs Pvt. Ltd as a social contribution to the Open SOurce Community
- GST, VAT compliant Invoices, Debit/Credit Notes
- Automated accounting entries for invoices
- Easy Migration from other software
- Sale and Purchase Registers for GST returns
- Exports reports in auditor friendly spreadsheets
- Data access with minimal clicks
- Free and Open Source Software
- Easy Customisation
What is KMyMoney?
KMyMoney is a cross-platform personal finance manager build on KDE frameworks technologies for your desktop and notebook environment. It enables users to keep careful track of their personal finances by providing a broad array of financial features and tools.
The principal goals of the application are:
Ease of use
KMyMoney strives to be the easiest open source personal finance manager to use, especially for the non-technical user.
KMyMoney already provides the most important features found in commercially-available personal finance managers and we are constantly planning, testing and releasing new features to fit every task you’ll ever encounter.
Using time-tested, double-entry accounting principles, KMyMoney can help ensure that your finances are recorded as they should.
Free, easy, personal accounting, for everyone
HomeBank is a free software (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”)
that will assist you to manage your personal accounting.
Designed to be easy to use and to be able to analyse your personal finance and budget in detail using powerful filtering tools and beautiful charts.
Mature software with over 22 years of user experience and feedback, and is world-oriented by being translated as many as 56 languages.
Available on various operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, and was ported by 3rd party to MacOS, Android, and Nokia N***.
If you are looking for a completely free and easy application to manage your personal accounting, budget, finance : HomeBank should be the software of choice.
- Cross platform, supports GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X
- Import easily from Intuit Quicken, Microsoft Money or other software
- Import bank account statements (OFX/QFX, QIF, CSV)
- Duplicate transaction detection at import
- Multiple currencies, with online update
- Automatic cheque numbering
- Automatic category/payee assignment
- Various account types : Bank, Cash, Asset, Credit card, Liability
- Scheduled transaction, with post in advance option
- Transaction template
- Category split
- Internal transfer
- Simple Month/Annual budget
- Dynamic powerful reports with charts
- Vehicle cost
- Translated in around 56 languages